Job Title: COMMUNITY ORAL HEALTH OFFICER (COHO).
Reports to: Health Centre Administrator
No. of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Ruben Health Centre – Nairobi
Deadline: 26th January, 2022
Ruben Centre is a Faith Based Organization in Mukuru kwa Reuben slums. We are seeking to recruit a Community Oral Health Officer (COHO) to work at the Centre’s Level 111 Hospital. For more information about us, kindly visit our website www.rubencentre.org
- Prepare the treatment room for patients by following the prescribed procedures and protocols;
- Screening patients, reviewing a patient’s oral history and teaching the appropriate brushing and flossing techniques. In addition, welcoming, comforting and draping patients;
- Perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing;
- Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants, apply topical fluorides and temporary fillings;
- Use dental X – ray machines to take dental radiographs and develop the film for further analysis;
- Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out further dental procedures if need be;
- Implements and adhere to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedures’ space and storage of the clean;
- Maintain a record of day-to-day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed;
- Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the dental unit. This includes preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs;
- Carry out other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Diploma in Community Oral Health/Dentistry or equivalent from a reputable institution,
- At least 2 years’ experience;
- Valid practicing license
- Good communication and leadership skills
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, qualification documents, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Ruben Centre.
Applications can be submitted via email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Ruben Centre is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talent.
The candidate finally selected should be ready to comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.