Creative Arts Mentor – Ruben Centre
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
Ruben centre is seeking to recruit a qualified Creative Arts Mentor, who will spearhead a new Arts project in the Centre. The job holder will be responsible for planning and mentoring our children and youth in skills like drama, poems, choir, playing musical instruments, visual arts, music, dance etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Mukuru Youth Hub activities – drama, poems, choir and playing musical instruments.
- Identifying various theatrical talents among Mukuru children and youth;
- Ensure frequent, accurate and timely responses to enquiries made about Mukuru Youth Hub on digital platforms;
- Develop and Maintain Mukuru children and youth talents to help them transition into professionals;
- Identify and employ the best and most cost-effective theatre activities in support of the project objectives;
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all theatre materials;
- Ensure that the learning environment is safe and promotes good behaviour among the children and youth;
- Assessment, Recording and Reporting within the framework of Arts performance;
- Developing and maintaining high standards of teaching and learning arts;
- Assisting children and youth in drama, poem and music production;
- Advocate for peace in the community through arts;
- Any other duties assigned by the Leadership Team.
- Tertiary level education in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience working with children and youth and/or related fields.
- Keyboard skills preferred.
- Passionate agent in peace building.
- Experience in drama, music production and filming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Both male and female are encouraged to apply.
- A foundation of Christian values.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send an updated CV with contacts of three professional referees only quoting the job title on the email subject (Creative Arts Mentor) to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Sunday, August 30th, 2020.