Job Title: Maternity Nurse
Reports to: Clinic Administrator
No. of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Ruben Health Centre- Nairobi
Ruben Centre is a Faith Based Organization in Mukuru kwa Reuben slums. We are seeking to recruit a Maternity Nurse to work at the Centre's Maternity Unit. For more information about us, kindly visit our website www.rubencentre.org. The Maternity Nurse will provide holistic, reproductive health services to mothers in the maternity department.
- Providing focused antenatal care, including counseling and screening tests in the
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care.
- Diagnosing, monitoring, and examining mothers during pregnancy and in labor.
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referral to clinicians and another
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education for the mother, her partner
and family members.
- Responsible for the delivery of the mother, ensuring the safety of both the mother and
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal
abnormality and neonatal death.
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labor, monitoring labor using the partograph and
writing of nursing care plans.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are
properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Ensure that the birth Registration of babies is carried out promptly before discharge of
both mother and baby.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/requisition of all drugs and supplies.
Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN) and be registered by the
- At least one-year experience working in a busy maternity unit and 1 year in general
- Life support Skills on obstetric and neonatal care. (ALSO/EMOC)
- Valid practicing license.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit their applications which include a cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Ruben Centre. Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy/cc email@example.com
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Ruben Centre is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talent.
The candidate finally selected should be ready to comply with the child protection policy
applied in the Organization.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2021.