Reports to: ‘In charge – Maternity Unit
No. of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Ruben Health Centre – Nairobi Deadline: 6th July, 2022.
Ruben Centre is a Faith Based Organization in Mukuru kwa Reuben slums. We are seeking to recruit a Maternity Nurse to work at the Centre’s Level III Health Centre – Maternity Unit.
The Maternity Nurse will provide holistic reproductive health services to mothers in the maternity department.
- Providing focused antenatal care, including counseling and screening tests in the hospital;
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care; • Diagnosing, monitoring, and examining mothers during pregnancy and in labor;
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and make referral to clinicians and/or other medical specialists;
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education for the mother, her partner and family members;
- Responsible for the delivery of the mother, ensuring the safety of both the mother and child;
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labor, monitoring labor using the partograph and writing of nursing care plans;
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatments and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts;
- Ensure that the birth Registration of babies is carried out promptly before discharge of both the mother and baby;
- Escort patients to other referral hospital when necessary;
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/requisition of all drugs and supplies;
- Compile and submit monthly reports;
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level;
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur;
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor. Required Qualifications:
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN) and be registered by the nursing council;
- At least one-year experience working in a busy maternity unit and 1 year in general nursing; • Life support Skills on obstetric and neonatal care and also EmOC;
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Valid practicing license.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which should include the cover letter, qualification documents, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone numbers addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Ruben Centre.
Applications can be submitted via email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly include your current and expected remuneration, and your availability in your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Ruben Centre is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talent. The candidate finally selected should be ready to comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.