Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Programs Manager
No. of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Ruben Centre – Nairobi
Deadline: 21st March, 2021
Ruben Centre is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization under the governance of the Africa Province of the Congregation of Christian Brothers. The Congregation is registered in Kenya as “Congregation of Christian Brothers Registered Trustees” under the Trustees (Perpetual Succession) Act. For more information about us, kindly visit our website www.rubencentre.org
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Ruben Centre’s Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for ensuring that there is an enhanced M&E work plan and also adherence to the same which is central to the achievement of the ongoing strategic plan. The position will work closely with the Program Manager under the guidance of the Director.
- In consultation with the Program Manager and staff, develop an M and E plan and appropriate tracking tools.
- Integrate and help institutionalize M and E concerns into program activities
- Manage the development of an appropriate data base program to facilitate processing of required information
- Verify data through regular reviews to collect and authenticate information.
- Provide support and supervision of the staff in the M& E department
- Design and implement periodical qualitative and quantitative surveys/studies to inform Centre management.
- Enhance staff capacity on M and E through ongoing technical support and training
- Train communities especially Centre Management Committees (PMCs) on M and E and assist them to set up appropriate M and E systems
- Design baseline, midterm and (End of Project) EOP surveys, prepare Terms of Reference for survey implementation and participate in surveys in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Provide technical support to staff during proposal writing, planning and program reviews and evaluation
- Assist the Program Manager in the development of Program Reports in line with donor and organizational requirements
- Carry out other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
- A university degree (BA, BSc) in economics, mathematics, statistics, epidemiology or any other relevant field
- Above-average knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
- Good communications and leadership skills
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in a similar position
- Technical knowledge and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to validate, analyze and disseminate qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience of designing and managing knowledge management systems, an awareness of learning methodologies and experience of leading learning events
- Experience working in an NGO environment
- Knowledge of digital data collection tools, processes and software
- Should have report writing skills and significant change story documentation
- Should have good team work and network skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and exceptional integrity
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and team-functioning skills.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Ruben Centre. Applications can be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org and also copied to email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Ruben Centre is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talent. The candidate finally selected should be ready to comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.