Job Title: PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST.
Reports to: Health Centre Administrator
No. of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Ruben Health Centre – Nairobi
Deadline: 17th January, 2022
Ruben Centre is a Faith Based Organization in Mukuru kwa Reuben slums. We are seeking to recruit a Pharmaceutical Technologist to work at the Centre’s Level 111 Hospital. For more information about us, kindly visit our website www.rubencentre.org
- Preparation and packaging of drugs ready for dispensing to patients;
- Monthly ordering of drugs from our suppliers;
- Keeping a formulary of essential drugs to avoid wastage;
- Directing patients with prescriptions accordingly to the relevant departments for their clearance;
- Dispensing drugs to patients with approved prescriptions;
- Ensure good order in the dispensing room;
- Keep up to date records of drugs in relation to drugs the following are important;
- Use of FIFO (first in first out) basis in dispensing drugs;
- Use of FEFO (first expiry first out) basis;
- Record of Antibiotics consumption and other drugs;
- Records of injections on a daily basis;
- Issue reports to the Health Centre Administrator at the end of each month which includes:
- Coartem monthly consumption (malarial drug)
- ARVS monthly consumption
- Assist the auditors to take the stocktaking at the end of each year;
- Supervise all activities in the pharmacy store;
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- At least 3 years’ experience.
- Must have registration certificate from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license
- Good report writing and analytical skills;
- Good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, qualification documents, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Ruben Centre.
Applications can be submitted via email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Ruben Centre is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified talent.
The candidate finally selected should be ready to comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.