VACANCY – PROGRAMS MANAGER.
Ruben Centre is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization under the governance of the Africa Province of the Congregation of Christian Brothers. The Congregation is registered in Kenya as “Congregation of Christian Brothers Registered Trustees” under the Trustees (Perpetual Succession) Act.
The Management of Ruben Centre is seeking to recruit a Programs Manager who will be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. The office holder will be tasked with developing programs to support the implementation of our current strategic plan, 2021 – 2025.
The Programs Manager, under the guidance of the Ruben Centre Director, will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and also writing program funding proposals to our donors.
This is a challenging leadership role for someone who appreciates the important role that Ruben Centre plays for the people of Mukuru. It needs someone who can take a visionary and values-driven approach, while immersing himself in the busy life of Ruben Centre, within the challenging realities of the daily life in Mukuru kwa Ruben.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission, vision and goals of Ruben Centre;
- Develop an evaluation method to assess Ruben Centre’s program strengths and identify areas for improvement;
- Responsible for liaison on a regular basis with the donor team to keep them abreast of the progress on the various project’s implementation;
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services to the Mukuru Community;
- Participate in developing and implementing information dissemination activities to publicize the project achievements and results with the concerned stakeholders and communities;
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its lifecycle;
- Analyze program risks and come up with the appropriate mitigation measures;
- Oversee and ensure appropriate management practices are being used in project implementation, and the Monitoring and Evaluation systems are being used to provide timely management information;
- Participate in developing and implementing information dissemination activities to publicize the project achievements and results with concerned stakeholders and communities;
- Oversee the timely submission and approval of quarterly financial and narrative reports to the donors;
- Provide guidance and support for all staff on donor requirements and reporting guidelines;
- Keep up-to-date records on programs developments and funding opportunities;
- Ensure compliance with program, and donor templates, policies and guidelines;
- Pro-actively build, maintain and capitalize on close relations with Ruben Centre current, past and potential institutional donors and partners;
- Pro-actively seek out new funding opportunities for Ruben Centre;
- Review incoming proposals, donor compliance, programmatic and narrative quality and expedite the review process;
- Ensure that all proposal development criteria are met including compilation of certifications and recommendations and coordination of internal approval process;
- Negotiate grant agreements, program and budget revisions, and any other grant related issues with donors;
- Submit quarterly reports on all the programs to Director and donors;
- Any other duty that you may be assigned by your seniors.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in development, management or a related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage;
- Significant experience in a relevant field of activity (e.g., social or community development), including a minimum of five years’ experience in program management;
- A foundation of Christian values;
- Passion for people made poor, and for leading Ruben in living out its vision and values in serving them;
- A readiness to appreciate, consolidate and build on what has been achieved in Ruben’s programs and organizational culture;
- A visionary eye to see and promote transformative responses from Ruben to the needs of Mukuru Community;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Emotional intelligence and ability to listen which will inspire trust, teamwork, professionalism, cooperation and passion for Ruben Centre’s mission and vision;
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information about Ruben Centre, visit its website listed above.
Applicants should send their letter of application and resume, including names and contact details of THREE referees, to the Ruben Centre Human Resources Office. Applications can be delivered by hand to the Ruben Centre Human Resources Office; sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org and copy mukuru@email@example.com); OR posted to P.O Box 20094 – 00200, Nairobi – Kenya.
Applications close on January 31, 2022.
Short listed candidates will be contacted for interview in February, 2022.